By Bernard Mineo
- Features contributions from most sensible Livian students from round the world
- Presents for the 1st time a brand new interpretation of Livy's old philosophy, which represents a key to an total interpretation of Livy's physique of work
- Includes stories of Livy's paintings from an Indo-European comparative aspect
- Provides the main glossy stories on literary archetypes for Livy's narrative of the historical past of early Rome
Read or Download A Companion to Livy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best historical studies books
Fordham college is the vital American-Catholic institution—and one now appeared upon as among the finest Catholic universities within the state. Its tale can also be the tale of recent York, specifically the Bronx, andFordham’s dedication to town in the course of its upward thrust, fall, and rebirth. It’s a narrative of Jesuits, squaddies, alumni who fought in global Wars, chaplains, lecturers, and directors who made daring strikes and massive blunders, ofpresidents who concept small and those that had imaginative and prescient.
Reckoning with Pinochet is the 1st finished account of the way Chile got here to phrases with common Augusto Pinochet’s legacy of human rights atrocities. An icon between Latin America’s “dirty warfare” dictators, Pinochet had governed with severe violence whereas development a faithful social base. Hero to a few and legal to others, the final forged a protracted shadow over Chile’s destiny.
The writing and studying of historical past within the early center a long time shape the foremost topics of this 2004 publication. the first concentration is at the impressive manifestations of historic writing relating to ancient reminiscence within the Frankish kingdoms of the 8th and 9th centuries. It considers the audiences for background within the Frankish kingdoms, the recording of reminiscence in new genres together with narrative histories, cartularies and Libri memoriales, and hence specific perceptions of the Frankish and Christian prior.
That includes numerous updates and revisions, substantial historical past and the way forward for Humanity, moment version, provides an available and unique evaluate of the full sweep of background from the origins of the universe and origins of existence in the world as much as the current day. presents an obtainable and unique review of the full sweep of background that locations human background in the context of the heritage of existence, the Earth, and the universe deals new insights into the way forward for humanity by means of delivering a greater realizing of the earlier encompasses a number of updates and revisions that come with elevated insurance of key suggestions comparable to the emergence of human behaviour, the advance of worth platforms, and styles of complexity in large historical past encompasses a number of 'little massive histories' that relief readers in spotting how enormous heritage options can relate to their day-by-day lives teacher assets from the writer can be to be had on-line upon ebook locate extra assets from the writer on-line at www.
- The Poverty of Clio: Resurrecting Economic History
- The Birth of Christian History: Memory and Time from Mark to Luke-Acts (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
- Empire’s Twin: U.S. Anti-imperialism from the Founding Era to the Age of Terrorism (The United States in the World)
- The Politics of Trauma and Memory Activism: Polish-Jewish Relations Today (Memory Politics and Transitional Justice)
- The Life and Work of Jane Ellen Harrison
- The Demise of the Inhuman: Afrocentricity, Modernism, and Postmodernism
Additional info for A Companion to Livy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Livy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Bernard Mineo